More pretty quilts

I thought I’d share some of the other quilts from the Deseret Foundation’s Quilt Show where my mom’s group donated their ABC quilt.This retro apron applique quilt is a pattern by Lori Holt.
If you haven’t seen Lori’s patterns, they are incredible.
And this one is my favorite. The quilt was darling too.

This quilt also comes from local designers Leslie Isom and Norma Whaley. Leslie and Norma are gems. When I first started taking quilting classes I took many from them. (Leslie’s daughter is Calli from Make It Do.) The quilt is a vintage reproduction pattern called “‘Til Butter Flies” and is made with Depression-era reproduction fabric.
Another 30’s reproduction quilt.
(Again, the pictures don’t do any of these quilts the justice they are due. Lighting = bad.)
There were also a bunch of authentic antique quilts.
This one was so wonderful – doesn’t look nearly as good in the picture.

This quilt was pieced in the 30’s as well and was quilted at a farm-community quilting bee.This antique quilt top was found at a second hand store an is probably from the early part of the 20th Century.
It was hand quilted and donated to the auction.
Some quilts were very simple, but effective design.
There were quilts of all sizes. Some mini wall-hangings and others that were for king-size beds.

Some really amazing applique quilts too.

Incredible applique flowers out of batiks.

And there you go! Pretty quilts, none of which I am personally responsible for. But I hope you enjoy them nonetheless.

I hope Christmas preparations are coming along for everyone. Christmas has totally snuck-up on me this year. How on earth did it get to be December already? Usually I have some presents purchased – or at least some idea of what I want to get for presents, but this year I’ve been so pre-occupied with getting the house set-up, I’m realizing I need to get on the ball with Christmas prep pronto!

Blue Is Bleu
    December 3, 2009 at 12:12 am

The quilts are so amazing!! <br /><br />Oh man, I&#39;m not ready for Christmas at all. It&#39;s going to be a mad dash I&#39;m sure… I&#39;m horrible at gifts and can never figure out what to get people.

heather
    December 3, 2009 at 6:35 am

I love the quilt with the heart design. Great layout.

Diane
    December 3, 2009 at 7:51 am

Oh! How we love to oogle the quilts, thanks for showing, they are all great. I&#39;m always amazed at antique quilts and the workmanship…some difficult patterns and they didn&#39;t have all the fancy-shmancy tools, machines etc that we have available. And where did they find time to quilt? And how come they didn&#39;t go blind quilting by candle light or at least &#39;bad&#39; house light? (I

V and Co.
    December 3, 2009 at 8:02 am

i love those quilts!!! especially the ones using diamonds!!!

Jenny Garland
    December 3, 2009 at 8:17 am

Oh, gorgeous. Thanks for the eye candy! I just love looking at quilts.

angela
    December 3, 2009 at 8:46 am

So pretty – and I love the old stories that go with some of them!

Sherri
    December 3, 2009 at 9:52 am

What wonderful, wonderful quilts!!!Thanks for the quilt show!

Calli
    December 3, 2009 at 10:53 pm

Hi Amy, thanks for sharing all the lovely quilts… it was fun to see my Mom&#39;s pattern on you blog today. I love that quilt, which was inspired by her mother Maxine, who grew up during the 30&#39;s. What an amazing show.

Aunt Spicy
    December 4, 2009 at 4:30 am

I am totally humbled. Those quilts are just stunning!

tammy
    December 4, 2009 at 7:31 am

What a great way to start the day, looking at such amazing art! Thanks a lot!

Quilt Hollow
    December 4, 2009 at 2:53 pm

They are wonderful! It&#39;s nice to see a show from the comfort of my home! I didn&#39;t miss it..thanks!!

Nanette Merrill and daughters
    December 8, 2009 at 3:21 pm

Lovely quilts, really top notch. And made or designed by wonderful people.

america
    December 26, 2009 at 12:43 am

each square has something to say…the detailing is superb and I love the color combination you have chosen.