I’m so excited to make Jennifer’s block. I love the fussy-cutting (cutting the fabric pieces around and to show off elements of the fabric design) Jennifer used with those giant checks.
- If you are using a fat 1/8th bundle for your blocks – specifically a Happy Go Lucky fat 1/8 bundle – cut a 6 1/2″ square from each fabric except the white on white dots. (You will need 32 total 6 1/2″ squares.) You will need to save these for your setting squares when the blocks are finished. If you do this, you shouldn’t have to buy more fabric later, but still have plenty for your 16 pieced blocks.
- Remember: these blocks will be 8″ finished (that means when it is part of the finished quilt) meaning they will measure 8 1/2″ unfinished (when you have the block pieced, but before it’s part of a finished quilt.)
- You only need to make 1 of each block for the quilt we will be making, but you can always make more if you want a bigger finished quilt or multiple quilts. 🙂
- I’ve loved all the variations that people create. Feel free to share yours on the Virtual Quilting Bee Flickr Group if you like! I have loved seeing all the blocks so far.
- Use the hashtag #virtualquiltingbee if you’re sharing on Instagram or Twitter!
- And as always feel free to ask questions! I will answer the best that I can in the comments section.