I sketched a new quilt block design one day over the holiday break and started sewing it up. It’s made up of a lot of little pieces (definitely not fabulously fast) and at this point I’ve only made half of one block. But that didn’t stop me from pulling fabrics and colors I’d like to use should this block turn into a quilt.
I started with some of Jen Kingwell’s Gardenvale collection I picked up at Market and then added more fabrics from my stash in the color range I was using. I seem to often gravitate toward reds, yellows and blues, and greens, so the addition of the purples and blacks are kind of a new look for me. (*pats self on the back*) Excited to see where this goes!
Since the pieces in the block are small I stuck with mostly small-scale prints that almost read solid. Bigger prints would get lost in this design. Maybe by next week I’ll have one block done and I can show it off. 🙂
Speaking of stash…
*warning: enabler alert*
…have you heard about Westwood Acres’ newest monthly subscription club: the “I Want Her Stash” Fabric and Pattern Club. Each month a bundle of 16 fat quarters picked by a different designer + an original pattern from that designer will arrive in your mail box. And guess who’s month is January? Me. (Pressure!)
Here’s a list of the designers for each month. Whoa – I’m honored to be on that list! Can’t wait to see what they all do!
- January: Amy at Diary of A Quilter
- February: Allison at Cluck Cluck Sew
- March: Lynne at Lily’s Quilts
- April: Nicole at Modern Handcraft
- May: Kristyne from Pretty By Hand
- June: Alison Glass from Alison Glass Designs
- July: Amy at Nana Company
- August: Elizabeth at Oh, Fransson!
- September: Amanda of The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery and Hey, Porkchop!
- October: Camille of Thimble Blossoms
- November: Rita at Red Pepper Quilts
- December: Megan at Lucy and Norman