First of all, thank you SO MUCH for all of the kind words and support regarding my Craftsy Class. They mean so much. Thank you. xo I’m really excited to see it and hope you’ll love it.
Since being home, I’m gradually trying to clean-up and catch-up. I’ve been catching up on a few smaller projects and doing some last minute sewing for the Quilt Market trade show in Salt Lake City next week. Once that’s wrapped up I’m looking forward to cleaning out my sewing room (and my house for that matter) and doing some just-for-fun projects this summer.
Here’s a little bit of what I’ve been working on: at the top is a cute little mini using Carina Gardner’s upcoming collection Posey Garden for Riley Blake Fabrics which will be in stores in a few months. I loved this color palette. Carina asked a bunch of designers to make 8″ x 13″ minis for her booth – you can see more of the mini-quilts here – and I’ll definitely take pictures of them all together next week.
My flowers were English Paper Pieced using 3/4″ sided hexagons and 3/4″ jewel pieces. Then I appliqued them to the white background. I love this fresh color palette!
Another project in the works for Quilt Market is a quilt using Riley Blake’s Cotton Basics solids. I’m loving them all stacked up together. I need to get cutting quick as Market is in a week. eek.
I also got lucky enough to play with Sarah Jane’s upcoming collection Magic. This collection is so dreamy for anyone who loves dragons and castles and unicorns and mermaids. Sarah has been showing sneak peaks on her Instagram feed if you want to see more. I can share more of what I’m making after market. 🙂
Finally, speaking of just-for-fun projects this summer, Faith Jones, Lee Heinrich, and Katie Blakesley are teaming up to bring you a fun Summer Sampler 2016. This is a collection of 20 different quilt blocks from different designers. Signing up to participate you will be emailed a new 12″ x 12″ block + quilt design every week starting May 16th. The last block will be delivered on September 26th with layout options delivered on October 3rd.
There are some really fun blocks in this Sampler. I got to design a couple of them and I’ll be sharing them when they are released. I can’t wait to make the others. The other designers include:
- Allison Harris of Cluck, Cluck, Sew
- AnneMarie Chany of Gen X Quilters
- Faith Jones of Fresh Lemons Quilts
- Holly DeGroot of Bijou Lovely
- Karen Lewis of Karen Lewis Textiles
- Katie Clark Blakesley of Swim, Bike, Quilt
- Lee Heinrich of Freshly Pieced
- Lynne Goldsworthy of Lily’s Quilts
- Nicole Daksiewicz of Modern Handcraft
The Summer Sampler is available to purchase here. The whole series is $25, but there is an early bird special for only $20 good through midnight, Sunday May 15. (That makes the whole series only $1 a block!)
The subscription includes:
- Fully tested PDF instructions with step-by-step illustrations for each week’s block
- Quilt Mockup Coloring Sheet
- Each week includes a digital mock-up of a quilt layout using that particular block
- Three sampler layout options, delivered at the end of the subscription, with fabric requirements and instructions for each
I’m looking forward to it!