Patchwork Quilt Along Blocks – catching up!

It’s the 15th of the month and that means a new block released by the Fat Quarter ShopΒ for their 2017 Patchwork Quilt Along project! This project offers free quilt block patterns every month with a suggested donation to benefit the Make a Wish Foundation. So far it has been super successful in raising a lot of money for this awesome cause!

The July block is this Propeller block. You can find the link to the downloadable pattern here. Β With May and June so crazy and on the road, I needed to catch up on those blocks as well.

This is the May block, called Homestead. You can find the pattern + video tutorial here. (Each month, in addition to the downloadable pattern, there is also a video tutorial with helpful tips.)

This is the June block – Round the Corner. You can find the pattern here. (I made a little rebellious change on this one. πŸ˜‰ )

And now, all caught up with July’s Propeller block.

Here are all of my 42 blocks together so far. The blocks are only 5 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ unfinished – they’re really cute! And I love how they play together. Β I used the Bonnie and Camille kit from the Fat Quarter Shop, but I’m also adding some prints from my stash to personalize it.

I’m really proud of them! I don’t usually piece blocks this small, and definitely not this many of them.Β I love how breaking up the blocks into a few each month (or a few extra when you’re playing catch-up) makes the project so doable. I’m excited to put them all together at the end of the year.

More information here if you want to learn more about the Patchwork Quilt Along and the charitable fundraising for the Make A Wish foundation.

Rosemaryflower
    July 16, 2017 at 7:12 am

Yours turned out adorable. I also love B+C fabrics.
    It is good to take a side step out of our usual industrious comfort zone.
    I think it keeps our brains healthy haha
    This is going to be an adorable quilt
    I love your baby lock!

Patty Ruettgers
    July 16, 2017 at 10:47 am

Love the blocks – so pretty. I was wondering what your design wall is made of and could you talk about why you chose that set up over others. I need to figure one out for my sewing room and would appreciate any words of wisdom.

Amy Smart
      July 17, 2017 at 4:40 pm

I bought the pre-made Fons and Porter Design Wall with the grommets for easy hanging. You can find them online or at places like JoAnn’s. You can also find lots of tutorials for making one yourself, but I buying one that was ready to go (and I’m pretty sure I got it on a good sale or with a coupon) was totally worth it for me!

hannahstitch
    July 19, 2017 at 9:23 am

Amy, I really like the Propeller block Pattern. Its beautiful. Cant wait to see the quilt. Pls do share when you will be done, however end of the year is too far :(. Thanks again for sharing the pattern. I will subscribe to your blog for more posts like this.

Amy Smart
      July 19, 2017 at 12:05 pm

It’s a year-long quilt along hosted by The Fat Quarter Shop. So the last block is released in December. But you can make whatever number of blocks you like at your own pace. With a long list of other projects on my plate, I can’t say when mine will be finished, but fingers crossed, sometime mid 2018 is my goal!

Dorothea Longbrake
    August 9, 2017 at 1:02 pm

I just found this site. Really like the blocks that I am seeing. I was wondering if there is a way to get all of the past block patterns. I really enjoy the different ones would like to try as a scrappy quilt