Projects with Sunnyside Ave fabric

It has been fun to see more projects created with my Sunnyside Ave fabrics! I thought I’d share a few here.

I’m still so smitten with these apple pincusions. They are made with the apple pincushion pattern by Retro Mama.

Amy of Ammeroonie Designs made some darling bags that feature the apple prints. Wouldn’t they be cute teacher appreciation gifts? (Speaking of which, I need to get on that…)

You can find Amy’s post and the tutorial she used for the large bags here. She’s also putting together a tutorial for the little zippy bags soon.

Melissa Corry has designed a fun new pattern featuring this line (love how it shows off the greens!) called Criss Cross Applesauce.

You can find the full tutorial for this quilt pattern here.

A couple of more bag ideas: Erika of Hello.ErikaBea on Instagram created this adorable patchwork bag. She used denim for the base. If you want to make one yourself, you could use my Simple Sturdy Bag tutorial and replace the upper panel with darling patchwork!

The apple print is also adorable for a tote bag on it’s own! This is Melissa Mortenson’s Retro Travel Bag.

Finally, check out this adorable bedding made by Emily of Simple Girl Simple Life.

The details are adorable!Sunnyside Ave doll bedding by Emily Carr

You can find this custom bedding available for sale in Emily’s Etsy shop. (They will soon be selling the wooden beds as well!)

And in case you missed it earlier, be sure to check out Andy’s darling Playground Quilt Tutorial. Love the way it shows off the bright colors!

It’s so much fun for me to see how other people are using this fabric! You can see my other quilts using Sunnyside Ave here and here.

Sunnyside Ave fabrics are available now at your favorite local shop. If you are looking online you can find it in these shops: Fort Worth Fabric StudioLou Lou’s Fabric ShopLady Belle Fabricsthe Fat Quarter ShopBrew StitchedSimply Love FabricsJudith’s Quilts, and MSQC.

Jocelyn
    April 27, 2018 at 7:37 am

Love these projects. I had missed the Simple Sturdy Tote bag tutorial previously. But have been looking for a tote pattern for this cute fabric I recently found. Thanks!

Anorina Morris
    April 27, 2018 at 9:15 am

So many lovely projects. I love the bags and the little apple is super cute. Your quilt is an absolutely beauty.

Monica Kostak
    April 27, 2018 at 11:24 am

I have been needed a new bag….downloaded the instructions from Pellon. Thanks!

Janet
    April 28, 2018 at 5:23 am

I can’t even imagine how proud you must be, to see all these darling creations made using your very own line of fabrics! I have my bundle in hand and am going to combine it with your first line to make a quilt for a granddaughter. Can’t wait! And I think a bag with a patchwork panel will be the way to use up scraps. 🙂

Amy
      April 28, 2018 at 5:53 pm

It really is amazing to me. And I’d love to see what you make for your Granddaughter!

Rosemaryflower
    April 28, 2018 at 8:00 am

All of these are really cute. I love the fabrics

Julie J Vogel
    April 28, 2018 at 8:05 am

I’m sure it is thrilling to see your happy, darling fabric being used! I love it and all of the clever creations it has inspired!

iseestarsquilting
    April 30, 2018 at 12:44 pm

All the apples just kill me! 🙂 I LOVE them… It takes me back to when I was a little girl at my grandmothers house and all the memories that comes with it. I’ve loved seeing all your posts with this fabric line. I’m so happy for you!

Amy