Categorized Free Quilting Tutorials + New Quilt Blocks

Free Quilting Tutorials featured by top US quilting blog Diary of a QuilterDid you know this blog has over 90 sewing and free quilting tutorials? We’re talking baby quilts, quilting tips, bags, seasonal projects, sewing for your home, learning how to quilt, etc. After over 10 years of blogging, you can bet there are lots of them.

One thing that has been on my “to-do list” forever is to get them organized and make it easy to find what you’re looking for quickly.

I’ve finally updated my Diary of a Quilter Tutorials page!

Now you can search for projects easily by category.

Free Quilting Tutorials Categories:

Quilts

Baby Quilts & Gifts

Seasonal Projects and Patterns

Quilt Blocks and Quilting Tips

Bag Tutorials

Projects for your Home like pillows and table runners

Machine Quilting from your home machine

Quilting Organization and Inspiration.

Free Quilting Tutorials featured by top US quilting blog Diary of a Quilter

I hope it’s fun to peruse so much quilting content – all of it free – from the past 10 years, including some fantastic guest posts. And I hope this new Tutorials resource will make it easier to find what you’re looking for too!

Free Quilting Tutorials featured by top US quilting blog Diary of a Quilter

Post Edit: a handful of people have reported difficulty in opening the links on the new pages. (Doh! Don’t you love technology?!) While we’re trying to figure out the bugs on the new pages, here is a link to the old free quilting Tutorials Page.

Free Quilting Tutorials featured by top US quilting blog Diary of a Quilter

Also going on behind the scenes: I’m in the throes of getting ready for the annual Spring Quilt Market trade show and will have lots more fun  stuff to share about those creations next week! But I’ve got a few other projects I’ve been working on that I can share for now. (Fabric used in this quilt block is from Gretel.)

Free Quilting Tutorials featured by top US quilting blog Diary of a Quilter

This quilt block is the May block from the 2019 Inspiring Stitches Sampler Quilt created by Amy Ellis and Heather Valentine. This is a Block of the Month Sampler quilt printed in a clever desk calendar format. Each month the calendar is on one side and when you turn it around the quilt pattern is featured on the back.

Free Quilting Tutorials featured by top US quilting blog Diary of a Quilter

You can find the Inspiring Stitches Pattern + Sampler Block of the Month Calendar here. (And it’s on sale!) Even if you’re not interested in making the whole quilt, the pattern includes lots of really great quilt block ideas.

Free Quilting Tutorials featured by top US quilting blog Diary of a Quilter

Also, here is the latest progress on my Round We Go English Paper Piecing blocks. We took a road trip to California for Spring break last month and I got some great time for stitching in the car. I was so productive in fact that I ran out of blocks to work on. With a few hours left on our drive home we stopped at the cute Stitching It Up quilt shop in Cedar City, Utah so that I could get a few fat quarters and get one more block done (the one on the top right) on the way home. Because 3 hours of sitting is too unbearable to waste!

Free Quilting Tutorials featured by top US quilting blog Diary of a Quilter

And a few more blocks. As you can see, I lost a wedge somewhere along the journey, so I need to prep a new one to finish that block. You can read more about these Round We Go Blocks by Sue Daley here.

Free Quilting Tutorials featured by top US quilting blog Diary of a Quilter

Finally, a quick throwback to one of my favorite Mother’s Day cards I ever received. 😉

Wishing you all the beast Mother’s Day tomorrow! xo

Patty Baptiste
    May 11, 2019 at 4:34 pm

Hello! I am so anxious to look at your tutorials but i can’t get any of the links to open 🙁 What am i doing wrong?

Amy
      May 11, 2019 at 6:40 pm

Oh no! Without looking at your computer, I don’t know why that’s happening. Darn!

Is anyone else having this problem?

Monica Kostak
        May 12, 2019 at 4:56 am

After clicking on the individual category the links that followed to access didn’t work for me either. (IE the continued reading link below each project). Thanks

Amy
          May 13, 2019 at 11:42 am

Dang technology! I’ll have to talk to the plugin developer and figure out what’s going on. Thanks so much for your feedback!

Gwen Mangelson
    May 11, 2019 at 6:00 pm

Amy be sure to keep that note its adorable!!!

Jill Isms
    May 11, 2019 at 9:01 pm

Having the same trouble the tutorials do not open.

Amy
      May 13, 2019 at 4:06 pm

Thanks for letting me know. I’m working with the widget developer to try and figure out what’s going on.

Thunder Quilts (BarefootThunder)
    May 12, 2019 at 4:28 am

Happy mother’s day.
    Great card😃
    Links opened fine for me.

Michelle H
    May 12, 2019 at 4:30 am

Happy Mommas Day!,, wow you have been busy,ma massive thank you for this. Love you sister so much.
    I am able to open the links, so maybe it is a glitch on the other readers end?

Michelle H
    May 12, 2019 at 4:33 am

OH my last comment was out of whack! My iPad crashed a few times (not you, old iPad) as I was typing lol.
    Sister should read, site lol and the ma, is just double type for massive

Ohhh I do need a new iPad lol,

Amy
      May 13, 2019 at 11:41 am

Haha – no worries! Thanks so much for your feedback!

Danette
    May 12, 2019 at 4:35 am

Always enjoy your tutorials and I’m all for categories. Thank you!

Allysgrandma
    May 12, 2019 at 10:15 am

Thank you so much Amy for putting this together! Always so inspirational to visit your blog!

Debbie Martinsen
    May 13, 2019 at 10:13 pm

Thanks for all you do here on your blog! I have enjoyed following you for many years! I have also received a “you are the beast” card. It’s been a long time ago now, but I’ll never forget it. My youngest daughter loved to make notes for the family and one spring, while I was so very busy and stressed in a church calling preparing for a meeting, she made notes for all the family and put them on our plates for dinner. Everyone’s said lovely things, “You’re great” “I love you” etc. Mine said, “you are the beast.” And the truth is at that time I probably was! It’s still my favorite! You’ll never forget it either!