Most Popular Quilt and Sewing Tutorials of 2020

It’s always interesting to look back at the end of a year and see what projects had the biggest impact or interest. I can safely say at the beginning of the year I never would have predicted a post about “how to make face masks” would be the most popular. BUT, here we are! Here is a list of the most popular quilt and sewing tutorials from 2020 on Diary of a Quilter.

Best popular Quilt and sewing tutorials from Diary of a Quilter in 2020

It was fun to look back at what other projects or tutorials seemed to resonate most. In addition to facemask tutorials, baby quilts and learning how to quilt or make classic traditional quilt blocks are always a hit.

Top 10 Sewing and Quilt Tutorials of 2020

I love looking back at these quilt and sewing tutorials. What about you? Did any of your favorites make the list? What were your favorite projects of 2020?

Kay
    December 30, 2020 at 1:41 am

Thank you for the plus quilt, I have just printed it out because I know I will make the baby quilt at some point. x

Amy
      December 30, 2020 at 1:03 pm

It’s such a fast one. Enjoy!

Carmen Montmarquet
    December 30, 2020 at 7:26 am

Thank You Amy for all your fun tutorials! So many to try, I had forgotten just how many I did want to make. Thanks for sharing them again! And Thank You for all You Do!!!

Amy
      December 30, 2020 at 1:02 pm

You’re welcome. Thank YOU for your kind words, Carmen!

Candice
    December 30, 2020 at 2:05 pm

Amy, I love your tutorials and your patterns. I like your flying flags pattern but couldn’t bring myself to make it. We’re you aware that the upside down flag is a distress signal? I wasn’t sure if you were just unaware or making a comment about our country during the pandemic. It just made me sad to think about this beautiful country in such a distressed state.

Amy
      December 31, 2020 at 11:20 am

This was meant purely in a whimsical folk art tradition, nothing political. I had the thought that the rotating flags would not appeal to everyone, so there are directions included to make flags that are always shown with the blue field in the top left corner, whether they are vertical or horizontal. 🙂

Cocoa Quilts
    December 30, 2020 at 2:15 pm

Amy did this come at the right time. I plan to do a King size Gingham/Buffalo Plaid quilt. I have the fabric and just need to get started. I headed over to Quilters Candy and printer her pattern. Thanks so much!!!

Daisy Dianne Bromlow
    December 31, 2020 at 5:11 am

Thank you for all you do. Happy New Year

Inge Scully
    January 2, 2021 at 6:21 pm

Happy New Year to you and yours. Love your postings, have been a fan for a while now; and have been wanting to ask, “what is your design wall made of”??