Links to Quick-Quilting Tips

First a quick business note to those of you who so kindly subscribe via RSS feeds. I apologize that I had to start truncating my posts in RSS. I’ve recently found a few “scraper sites” that have been stealing my (and many other blogger’s) entire posts via RSS and publishing them on sites to make money. Lame right? So I apologize for the inconvenience – hopefully it’s only temporary – and I REALLY appreciate your willingness to click over and read the full post when you are so inclined.

On a much more fun note, here is a quick wrap-up of this week’s Quick-Quilting tips and tricks. If you missed any of them, this list has the direct links to the posts themselves. There were some really great tips! It was so fun, I think it might be fun to do a round 2 with more helpful tips for efficient quilting. So stay tuned!

Monday April 28

Lynne Goldsworthy of Lily’s Quilts
Jeni Baker of In Color Order

Friday May 2
Katie Blakesley of Swim Bike Quilt
Lindsay Conner of Craft Buds
Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life

I also started a pinboard to keep track of these tips and plan to add many more if anyone wants to use it as a resource.

Finally, a huge thanks for the generous response to Fabulously Fast Quilts. I have been overwhelmed by the very positive response I have received from so many of you – far beyond what I ever expected when this whole project got started two years ago! MWAH! I need to set up a Flickr group because I’d love to see what creations come out of these patterns. (If you are so inclined, would you mind sharing a review on Amazon? There are a couple of negative reviews and I know many of you feel differently and I hope we can give others a balanced perspective. No pressure. Don’t feel like you have to embellish or say something you don’t really think. Just if it’s something you feel like doing.)

Thanks again friends. Happy first weekend of May! (May!?!)

Chookyblue......
    May 3, 2014 at 3:38 am

it's sad you had to do this……………I am choosing to ignore what they do as I couldn't be bothered trying to find it and get disappointed…………..I will probably miss some of your posts as I forget when someone is truncated on my feedly program when running thru posts…………I wished people who have nothing but bad to do all day would find something good to do for the world

amy smart
      May 3, 2014 at 4:14 pm

I totally understand and I wish that too!

KathyinMN
    May 3, 2014 at 5:47 am

I read your posts using a blog reader with readability, so no worries on truncating with me. Do what you need to do.

Karen - Quilts...etc.
    May 3, 2014 at 7:29 am

I had to do the same think with my blog as it too was getting stolen. I use feedly for all my blogs but I always click on through to read the whole post. Your book looks lovely, I have not bought any books recently though so I can not do a review on it, it certainly looks great though.

Grandmasewnsew
    May 3, 2014 at 8:54 am

So many blogs in my RSS are doing this now. It's too bad but now I know why! Yes, it means that I won't always read everyone anymore unless the title or beginning snags me but you have to do what works for you and it's certainly unfair for those other people to steal your work!

Jennifer | Gable House and Co.
    May 3, 2014 at 3:34 pm

I often wonder about this with my blog and its content. Not that I am anyone who has a big following, but I am curious of where did you find all of this at? Also I know that stolen blog content happens all the time and as much as we all love to share, it a shame we have to guard our work with perimeters and invisible fences. Also congrats on the book! I have not viewed it personally, but from my

amy smart
      May 3, 2014 at 4:16 pm

I found out when a few other bloggers let me know my content was on another site. :/ And I totally agree – it's sad that we have to worry about it in the first place. It's pretty frustrating to see someone stealing hours worth of work and making money off it. Not super cool.

Terri Moses
    May 4, 2014 at 7:28 am

I am new to blogs in the last year. It is amazing to me how much time you spend on your blog. THEN you share for free! AWESOME!!! Thank-you with a big smile and hug. ๐Ÿ™‚

Alicia Key
    May 4, 2014 at 7:30 am

LOVE LOVE LOVE that orange plaid on the back of that quilt! Where can I find some?

Christy
    May 4, 2014 at 8:40 am

I love your blog and am more than happy to come see you at your website so that I can be inspired by you. I sure that most people will feel the same way.

Katy Cameron
    May 4, 2014 at 12:52 pm

It was a great hop, thanks for organising :o)

SeaBreeze Quilts
    May 4, 2014 at 4:33 pm

I love reading your blog and really appreciate your patterns, tips and links. I have started quilting over the past two years and I am seriously hooked!! It is entirely through the internet that I have learned anything at all!! Thank you very much for your time and generous sharing :))

Sigi G
    May 6, 2014 at 6:43 pm

Just want to say congratulations on your new book. I just received mine today and it is AWESOME. Love every pattern and how you make the hardest looking patterns – fun and easy! The hardest part – is figuring out which pattern to do first. Thank You so much for bringing out this book Amy!

babs4008
    May 19, 2014 at 7:18 am

I've got your book on order – can't wait to get it! I absolutely love the quilt at the top of this page. Would you be able to tell me where I can find the pattern and the fabrics? Thank you!

amy smart
      May 19, 2014 at 8:48 am

Aww, thank you! The pattern is in the book. yay! The fabrics from a Moda collection called Boho by Urban Chics.

babs4008
      May 20, 2014 at 10:30 am

Yippee! Now I'm really looking forward to the book. Thanks for all your helpful tutorials and all the work you do putting them together. It is very much appreciated!

babs4008
      May 23, 2014 at 5:36 pm

I just received your book and I love it! I've left feedback on Amazon, and I've already ordered the fabric to make the Square Deal quilt. Can't wait!

amy smart
      May 23, 2014 at 7:31 pm

Thank you SO much! I'd love to see what you make!

Quick Quilting Tips and Tricks - Diary of a Quilter - a quilt blog
    April 27, 2016 at 10:39 pm

[…] had so much fun in round one of Quick Quilting Tips, I thought it would be fun to ask more bloggers and quilters to share some of their favorite […]