Vintage Kitchen fabric from Riley Blake

Are you familiar with JoliJou? If not, let me introduce you. JoliJou is the brand name of German designer Andrea Muller. She has a darling, whimsical style – you can check out her website here. The cute vintage dishes print is from her shop. (The site is in German, but Google Translate can solve that problem easily if German is not your native language.)

Riley Blake Vintage Kitchen fabric

Andrea’s new fabric collection also features cute retro dishes – her collection is called Vintage Kitchen, produced by Riley Blake.

Vintage Kitchen fabric

The colors are bright and cheerful- I’m especially smitten with that gold print with the retro  dishes

Riley Blake basics solids dots

I mixed the Vintage Kitchen dishes with basics solids and dots from Riley Blake.

applique blocks Vintage Kitchen

I’ve been making more blocks from Lori Holt’s Bloom Along. You can read more about these free block patterns here.

Vintage Kitchen Flower applique blocks

Here’s what I’ve got so far. I was going to make a mini quilt with just these blocks, but instead, I’ve decided to keep going.

I’m thinking of making a few more blocks based on JoliJou’s cute prints.

Jolijou ribbon trim

Andrea of JoliJou also has matching ribbon trim to go with the fabrics. You can see more of the trims and projects here on her blog.

JoliJou Vintage Kitchen fabric prints

I’m excited to create more with this happy pile of fabric. I’ve been a sucker for vintage dishes for a while now and I love this print on my wall. (I’m also loving this free download of the Being Creative quote from Stately Type.) vk-blog-tour-banner-wide

You can find an abundance of adorable projects made with these cute fabrics as part of the Vintage Kitchen blog tour. Click to see other darling projects here from a bunch of designers – some amazing new-to-me folks.

Vintage Kitchen fabric is available now it local shops and online from Fabricworm and Fabric.com.

March 15, 2016 at 7:44 am

Ack! This is sooo you….and me! I have been on a fabric diet as my stash has no where to grow but you are such an enabler…in the best way!!❌⭕️❌⭕️

Rebecca T
    March 15, 2016 at 8:00 am

I love your bloom-along blocks in the kitchen fabric.

March 15, 2016 at 9:22 am

Oh yess!! Please keep going and make more of these gorgeous blocks, it will be fantastic! I love how they turned out and thank you so much for your kind words, they are making me blush!

Thanks for being a part of the tour!
    x Andrea

Sandra B
    March 15, 2016 at 9:53 am

Love these fabrics!! Those vintage retro prints are awesome!!
    And, I know I have commented before that I have that same set of mixing bowls!!

March 15, 2016 at 10:25 am

Thanks for sharing. Riley Blake always puts out great fabric design. I’m in love with the colors in Vintage Kitchen.

March 15, 2016 at 10:43 am

This fabric is so cute! I just might have to be on the lookout for it when I go on the Utah Shop Hop in June. 🙂 I like to have a list of new, fun fabrics to look for. It gives me something to look forward to as well as an idea of what to buy so I don’t buy random mismatched fabrics because typically for me those random fabrics sit wayyyy too long in my stash (my very, very small stash I might add. I am working on depleting my stash and it’s working!!).
    Thanks so much for sharing Amy!

March 16, 2016 at 7:26 am

Love that “Being Creative” quote. Thanks for sharing the link.

Lara B.
    March 16, 2016 at 8:35 am

Oh Amy. Those photos and blocks are just too tempting! As a fellow vintage dish lover I can’t resist! I totally love the ring quilt you have on the wall too. What a picture perfect vignette!

March 16, 2016 at 3:14 pm

Two questions: is the adorable dish setting in the picture next the color wheel actually a panel? And, do you think the ribbon would work as The stems on the flowers in LH’s Bloom project?

Amy Smart
      March 16, 2016 at 9:42 pm

The dish print hanging on the wall is a paper print. The ribbon is probably too wide for the stems – it’s closer to 1/2″+ wide.

Karin H.
    March 17, 2016 at 10:50 am

Hi Amy, your fabric and blocks are just darling!! Do you already know how you’re going to quilt the finished product? I’m always challenged with what to do with applique … stitch around the edges of the applique or free motion over the whole thing? Can you suggest what would be best? Thank you!! 🙂

Karen Seitz
    March 17, 2016 at 6:20 pm

I love this fabric line too. Thanks for introducing us to the designer!