Boardwalk Delight Summer Star Quilt

Boardwalk Delight Giant Star quilt

A fun, fast, finish. You’ve got to love those, especially in the summertime when sewing time is rare. At least for me. These fun prints are begging for a summertime project, so this was the perfect solution!
BWD 9

Today I’m sharing this cheery quilt as part of a tour of projects made with aย new fabric collection, designed by Dana Willard of MADE Everyday. The collection for Art Gallery Fabrics and is called Boardwalk Delight.

Boardwalk Fabric

I have been a fan and follower of Dana for years now and love her colorful, modern style and cheerful, creative approach to design. This Boardwalk Delight fabric line reflects her aesthetic so perfectly.

Boardwalk Delight Art Gallery Fabrics quilt

To show off these big, colorful prints, I thought it would be fun to make one of Jeni Baker’s giant star quilts. (You can find the pattern here.)

Boardwalk Delight Art Gallery Fabrics

This is such a fun pattern for using fat quarters – and because the blocks are so big, it’s great for showing off big prints – like the cute ice cream cones and big dots in this line.

Splash Quilting Boardwalk star

I also LOVE that sprinkle print that I used as the background of the star. Big thanks to Melissa from Sew Shabby Quilting for doing the quilting on this one. I had her use the Splash pattern to give some summer-y texture to this quilt with a lot of big spaces.

Summer poser on a quilt

And here is my really, really ridiculously good-looking model helping me show off one of my favorite ways to use a quilt in the summer. ๐Ÿ˜‰

(Yes, I had to bribe him.)

BWD 5

Boardwalk Delight is available from I Love Fabric,ย Fabric Bubb, Fabric Spark, Fabricworm, and Fat Quarter Shop.

Check out Dana’s blog MADEย Everydayย over the next few weeks for more fun projects made with Boardwalk Delight.

And now, I would be off to lie on a quilt and eat a popsicle, but…

…instead I’m off to Home Depot to buy paint and tile to fix the bathroom that leaked through the living room ceiling… ๐Ÿ™ ย That’s real life!

Little Quiltsong
    August 9, 2016 at 5:51 am

Love, love this quilt and the fabric you chose for it. Definitely a super summer quilt!!

Cheryl barnes
    August 9, 2016 at 6:11 am

This is on my list for sure!

Shasta
    August 9, 2016 at 6:35 am

It’s a beautiful quilt. You’ve found a great model to show it off, providing he didn’t drip any of the popsicle on it.

Susan Shaw
    August 9, 2016 at 7:09 am

What a great summer quilt! I’ve had no time for quilting this summer. My adult son moved home last October, then his 2 1/2 year daughter came to live with us permanently in early March. I’m her care giver when he is at work. Then we had his 10 year old son for the summer. He just went back to his mom for the school year. I’ve been meeting myself coming and going. Plus I took my best sewing machine for repair and finally after three months, I just found out that it is dead. So, … thanks to your model for helping you show off your great quilt and the wonderful fabric. Thanks for letting us know where we can obtain some of the goods.

Amy Smart
      August 9, 2016 at 12:34 pm

It definitely sounds like your hands are full! I can relate. ๐Ÿ™‚ What you’re doing is even more important. Hugs to you!

Patricia Campbell
      August 14, 2016 at 6:05 pm

Susan, I’ve been in the same situation as you are for the past 6 years–since our granddaughter was born. We moved our oldest daughter and the baby here to AZ from MI as the dad completely flaked out after baby was born. ๐Ÿ™ Sad thing is, he was the one who wanted children… Anyway, fast forward… my daughter met an incredible guy, is remarried, and he loves our granddaughter like she was his own blood. He’s now known her for 4 out of her nearly 6 years. So, Momma & baby moved out. It was a sad day for me, actually!! I still take care her before and after school and on Saturdays when Momma & Daddy are working. All of this was to say: Keep your chin up! Things will get better/easier and remember how blessed you are to be with that little girl every day! {Mine is quite a hand full so I remind myself every day!!}

Blessings,
      Ivy’s Grammy

PS: I also deal with chornic health issues, so if I can do it, you can too!! ๐Ÿ˜€

happyquiltingmelissa
    August 9, 2016 at 8:50 am

Your quilt is so fun and perfect for summer goodness!! I love Jeni’s giant star!!! It has been on my list to make someday as well ๐Ÿ˜‰ Hope the ceiling repair goes well, that is just no fun at all.

Robby
    August 9, 2016 at 2:41 pm

I fell for those sprinkles at first sight! The whole quilt does seem to invite one to take a nap under a tree. Good luck with the repairs, water problems are no fun.

Jodhpur tailors
    August 10, 2016 at 5:19 am

The look is absolutely sweet, edgy, stylish and chic. Yasss, and everything points to the beautiful quilt

Kathleen
    August 10, 2016 at 8:54 am

Love this quilt! And I gotta say, I did not even notice the perfect-sized narrow border and dark binding until your ridiculously good-looking model showed it off with that coordinated outfit! ๐Ÿ™‚

Terrie
    August 10, 2016 at 9:59 am

Beautiful quilt! It’s so summery and fun ๐Ÿ™‚

Karen
    August 10, 2016 at 7:55 pm

This quilt just screams SUMMER! Love it. And your handsome model does a great job of showing how comfortable the quilt is. I hope if there were popsicle stains, that they ended up on the matching orange section of the quilt–you are one sneaky mom to color coordinate like that ๐Ÿ˜‰

Kathy Bertelsent
    August 11, 2016 at 8:12 am

Love this quilt. I made the same pattern as a baby blanket. Loved the easy of making it and the results. Love your colors

Lana Manis
    August 11, 2016 at 9:39 am

What a wonderfully big graphic quilt! I love the colors, too!

dana
    August 12, 2016 at 12:04 am

So fun Amy! I love your son just chilling on the quilt at the end :). haha. I wish you were doing that too. I hope you get the house fixed soon. And thanks for sewing along and sharing! ๐Ÿ™‚

tisha @ quiltytherapy
    August 12, 2016 at 10:29 am

This pattern has been on my bucket list. Thanks for the reminder. The quilt looks amazing.

Patricia Campbell
    August 14, 2016 at 6:06 pm

I think I’m going to add this one to my [never-ending] !list!! Thanks! Yours is beautiful!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

kathyinmn
    August 25, 2016 at 6:39 pm

It’s huge, in the best possible way. Glad the model was on it, not sure I’d believe the size! So very cool!