Craftsman quilt remake + new hard copy patterns!

diary-of-a-quilter-patterns

Some fun news to share – I have finally professionally published 5 of my most popular patterns in hard-copy booklet format. This has been a to-do list item for a long time and I excited to announce that they are finally ready for purchase in my Pattern Shop as well as for wholesale distribution (see info at bottom of the post).

The patterns include Lattice (my all-time best seller), Chain Link, Hopscotch, Double Crossed, and Craftsman.

craftsman-quilt-pattern

Since I was no longer in possession of my original Craftsman quilt – and since it was time for an update too – IΒ had this one remade with help from my stunt double, Diane.

into-the-garden-riley-blake

For this version we used Amanda Herring’s latest collection, Into the Garden, from Riley Blake Designs. The colors and prints in this collection are so lush and pretty.

Into the Garden is available from Fat Quarter Shop,Β and Southern Fabrics.

into-the-garden-riley-blake-fabric

Quilting was done by Melissa of Sew Shabby Quilting.

craftsman-quilt-amy-smartThis pattern is fat-quarter friendly and designed specifically for showing off large-scale patterns as well as bright colors that pop in contrast to the white sashing.

img_4556

Hard-copy patterns are full color booklets, printed on cardstock. They, as well as updated PDF versions, are both available in my Pattern Shop. (And psst – there is a special discount this week only for newsletter subscribers… just saying…)

If you are interested in wholesale you can order through Checker or contact me directly: amy@diaryofaquilter.com for wholesale pricing.

Karen Seitz
    December 11, 2016 at 8:21 am

How exciting to see your patterns in print! I prefer paper patterns to downloadable ones. Guess I’m old fashioned. That being said, I downloaded and made 3 Craftsman quilts in July (although they still need to be quilted — a fate for most of my quilt tops). Just as you said, it is the perfect pattern to show off large prints!

Amy Smart
      December 12, 2016 at 11:10 am

That’s so awesome Karen! I’d love to see them!

Amanda Jean
    December 12, 2016 at 7:03 am

congratulations on getting your patterns in print! I know how much work that is! they look great!!! I hope you enjoyed checking that one off your list!

Amy Smart
      December 12, 2016 at 11:09 am

Thank you Amanda Jean! Yes – it took FOREVER. Hopefully I’m over the learning curve and things will happen slightly faster in the future. Here’s hoping, at least! lol

Donna Murdock
    December 12, 2016 at 11:02 am

Some of these look as though they would be faster than the wedding quilt I just finished. It was a queen size with over 800 pieces of fabric. I shall never do another wedding quilt in December again. E.V.E.R. On the record. Not that I caused problems in my neighborhood. It’s just that I have trouble verbalizing a coherent paragraph now. So two of your patterns are looking especially great!

Amy Smart
      December 12, 2016 at 11:08 am

Whoa. That is an achievement. Especially in December!! lol

Meghan H
    December 12, 2016 at 5:28 pm

I love love love your Craftsman quilt so of course I ordered the brand new paper pattern! Plus I added your signed book and the Pixie Noel pattern! Who says you can’t treat yourself at the holidays !!?? ;-). Looking forward to receiving them, Amy. BTW, your blog is wonderful and I check it frequently for updates.

Quilts in review
    January 14, 2017 at 11:58 am

[…] major goal crossed off the list this year was finally publishing 5 of my patterns into hard-copy versions. Sewing quilts is fun for me. Writing patterns and working on illustrations for hours is not on my […]