Down time and back to work

Remember how I was so productive on working on my WIPs a couple of weeks back? Well that all came to a grinding halt about a week and a half ago. Real life kicked it up a notch and was top priority. In the past 10+ days the only thing I’ve sewn is this one quilt block.
But all of this is normal and just part of the ebb and flow of my quilting life. I try not to get cocky when I’m having really productive sewing periods and I’ve learned not to worry when sewing time head’s to the back burner/nice-to-do list for a little while. Things always calm down again and sewing re-emerges.
Another reason for no-sewing is I’ve also spent the last three days hanging out with these chuckleheads.
My husband had a business trip to Orlando at one of the Disney resorts so we tagged along. I know, rough life, right? (Here they are anxiously awaiting a giant turkey leg.)

While my husband was working, I got these two all to myself for a some of the days. It was good to get off the computer and not look at my phone (other than to magically check wait times for rides on the Disney app. So cool!) It was all kind of fast and furious – we weren’t really ‘relaxing’ much but it was great to just hang out together.

Above are a few pictures from one of my favorite stops at Epcot. A) because there’s some great quilt inspiration there and B) the FOOD. I am obsessed (in a healthy way of course) with Mediterranean/Middle Eastern food. My mouth is watering looking at that food again.

And now, it’s good to be home and catching-up. This weekend I am going to sew as I need to get a few projects done. And I’m going to finally start cutting into this bundle of Alison Glass New Sunprints. Because who can resist that bundle of fun?

(Alison Glass Sunprints available from Westwood Acres, and FabricWorm. Shoes are Red Keen Sandalsand SO comfortable.)

Jenny
    February 20, 2015 at 1:50 pm

ok…all i could think of was the vacation when your husband had to suit up one of your boys in a plastic grocery bag for a reason i can no longer remember!!

Alicia Key
    February 20, 2015 at 5:51 pm

CUTE shoes & family! LOVE those fabrics!

Katy Cameron
    February 20, 2015 at 6:48 pm

Looks like a fun, albeit fast break :o)

Sew Surprising
    February 21, 2015 at 12:27 am

Anytime away from a computer or technology in general is a great holiday for the mind and soul 🙂

V Hair
    February 21, 2015 at 4:18 am

Loved those Alison Glass Sunprint fabrics. I sometimes find I'm more productive after a break away, particularly if it's as fun as your holiday looked like it was!

Elsa
    February 21, 2015 at 8:12 am

Those shoes and that tile ~ oh my!

Sara Litardo
    February 21, 2015 at 10:29 am

Oh what a sweet post! Sounds like a fun little vacation. How cool is that, Disney has an app now for ride times. Whoa I haven't been there since I was 7. And yes it does feel good to get away from the computer and phone I've been having those problems lol.

Karen
    February 21, 2015 at 11:39 am

Those Sunprints are so beautiful–I.m pretty sure I'd spend months and months getting up the courage to make the first cut! (But then again–I've only had the courage to make one quilt so far–can you say newbie?)

JoW
    February 22, 2015 at 2:53 am

Love your lonely little block! Hope you get to make it some friends soon. Thanks for your posts, I love to read them x

Mary
    February 22, 2015 at 7:24 am

What a fun trip with the kids! Hubby probably had as much fun with you guys tagging along as you all did. You have now given me a reason to consider a trip to Epcot. Food…..and tileworks. 🙂

Andy
    February 22, 2015 at 11:33 pm

I love how you put a link to the shoes in your blog post – because you knew people would ask (including me haha)

Rebecca Grace
    February 23, 2015 at 5:36 pm

Good for you! Anyway it is better to only sew one great quilt block than to sew a hundred and fifty ugly quilt blocks. And chuckleheads grow up too soon and become surly teenagers who don't want to hang out with you anymore. I'm glad you were able to run off to Disney with your boys!

Carla
    February 24, 2015 at 11:50 am

Fun. Love how that worked out. Love the colors in your fabric. Can&#39;t wait to see what you come up with.<br />

Carole m
    March 17, 2015 at 9:32 pm

Awesome on mini trip to Disney world! I’ve only been once and can’t wait to go again.