Free Palisades Quilt Pattern from the Fat Quarter Shop

Palisades Quilt Top Amy Smart

Today the Fat Quarter Shop is releasing a new video tutorial for a brand new pattern called Palisades in connection with Art Gallery Fabrics. I really enjoyed putting this quilt pattern together!

Palisades-Header

Art Gallery Fabrics Tapestry

For my version of the Palisades quilt I used Sharon Holland’s latest collection for Art Gallery Fabrics, Tapestry.

Tapestry

I really love the colors in this palette – some indigo-y blues paired with golds and oranges. Really different for me and fun to step outside my regular-color comfort zone. (Here’s a great case of letting the pre-set collection do all work for you – I don’t think I would have ever been able to pull this palette together and I’m so smitten with how it looks. Thanks for doing all the work, Sharon Holland!)

Palisades Quilt Tapestry Art Gallery Fabrics

Here’s a closer-up shot of how the quilt turned out. The pattern is really fun and comes together so relatively quickly and easily. It’s a great quilt for someone who’s fairly new to quilting. As you can see, I still need to get it quilted, and I can’t wait because I think that will only enhance the quilt. I’ll share again when it’s quilted and bound.

You can watch the entire quilt tutorial in this video as well as download the free pattern here.

There’s more info on the Fat Quarter Shop’s Jolly Jabber blog and you can see the same pattern in a variety of other Art Gallery fabrics from these bloggers. (I can’t wait to see what they’ve created – this is a quilt where the fabric and color placement can change the look of the whole quilt.)

Palisades Quilt Top by Amy Smart for Fat Quarter Shop

One more shot. We hit the mountains for a hike last night so I brought the quilt top along for the ride. As usual. I can’t resist that setting. It’s become one of my favorite spots this summer.

Sew Sampler Box Fat Quarter Shop

One more fun thing from the Fat Quarter Shop – I’m loving their monthly Sew Sampler box.  This month’s box included a bundle of Riley Blake’s new Confetti Cottons as well as  a pattern, Alphabitties, cute twill tape and a Frixion pen. I always love surprises n the mail! You can see more about this monthly subscription box of fun here.

Thanks Fat Quarter Shop!

Little Quiltsong
    July 12, 2016 at 7:15 am

Beautiful quilt! Just love the pop of color the orange fabric brings to the whole quilt!

Kathy E.
    July 12, 2016 at 8:59 am

Amy, your Palisades version has got to be the best one! The variety of colors and prints in Tapestry is perfect for this quilt. Having fun stitching up a quilt is my #1 reason for quilting. I will look up this pattern.

Robby
    July 12, 2016 at 9:01 am

This is terrific. I love the scale of the design which is not my usual style, but it really shows the fabric off. And you chose great fabric for it. Look forward to seeing it finished.

Sandra B
    July 12, 2016 at 1:05 pm

Beautiful quilt, Amy! Love the fabrics you used….the colors are great!
    Thanks for sharing!

Shasta
    July 12, 2016 at 2:00 pm

That quilt pattern looks great with that fabric collection. Beautiful.

Lucy @ Charm About You
    July 12, 2016 at 3:44 pm

Stunning! The colours are amazing, Sharon’s collections are always so beautiful. What amazing scenery too!

ginacoetzer
    July 12, 2016 at 6:18 pm

Gorgeous quilt pattern. Looks amazing in that setting with the mountains behind. Great photo shoot. Loving the fabrics too. Might just buy that bundle.😀

Karen Seitz
    July 12, 2016 at 8:06 pm

I’ve seen many versions of this pretty quilt today, but your quilt is in the most beautiful setting! Thanks for sharing your palisades quilt and the tapestry fabric you used.

Rosemaryflower
    July 13, 2016 at 6:55 am

Oooh I love the fabrics and colors!
    Wowie,

Cindy Mizer
    July 14, 2016 at 6:53 am

Great quilt pattern and I love the way you have translated it.

donna giblin
    August 1, 2016 at 9:34 am

I love the quilt but how is this a fat quarter quilt? When I look at the pdf of the pattern it calls for yardage for all but one print of fabric.

Amy Smart
      August 4, 2016 at 9:41 am

It’s definitely easier with yardage. I had Fat Quarters on hand so I used them, but I definitely had to do some strategic cutting and make my version a little more scrappy as a result.

2nana50
    August 8, 2016 at 1:44 am

I love the quilt you did for FGS… It is beautiful!! You do a miraculous job…
    I am having a hard time finding the download for the quilt tho! Thanks Sister Splenderette!!💜