Fabulously Fast Fall Quilts

I decided to take advantage of the beautiful fall weather and scenic foliage to finally take some photos of the remaining three quilts from my book, Fabulously Fast Quilts, that I hadn’t shot yet. And since they each had a nice autumn vibe, this felt like a good time to show them off.

These quilts were still with the publisher last spring when I took pictures of the othersย and then spent the summer hanging local quilt shops as part of a couple of trunk shows.

This one is a Jelly-Roll-friendly quilt called Diverging Diamonds.

This one was quilted with all-over Pebble quilting by Natalia Bonner. I love the texture it gives to the quilt as well as the way it echos the circle motifs in the various prints.

(This is a crib-sized quilt called Butterfly Effect and comes together super quickly. (There are also instructions for a twin-size version.)

The quilting on this one was done by Melissa of Sew Shabby Quilting.

And finally, this quilt is called Floating Shoo-fly. It is a great quilt for using up scraps – especially low-volume prints. This version is very monochromatic, but I’d like to try it in bright contrasting colors as well.

The figure-eight quilting on this one was done by Emily Sessions. It’s so subtle, but I LOVE the way it finishes off the quilt!

As I mentioned, each of these quilts is in my book, Fabulously Fast Quilts.ย You can see most of the otherย quilts in this post. I still have signed copies in my shop and it is also available on Amazon.

If you make or have made something using the patterns from Fabulously Fast Quilts I would love to see them! You can add photos to the Fabulously Fast Quilts Flickr group, tag them #fabulouslyfastquilts on Instagram or Twitter, or email them to me at amy(@)diaryofaquilter.com.

xoxo

Hilary
    October 22, 2014 at 6:49 am

I just ordered the book from your shop ๐Ÿ™‚ Can't wait to make some of the patterns!

Carol
    October 22, 2014 at 8:24 am

Your quilts look lovely. I especially love Diverging Diamonds. Love the colors in that Cosmo line. I actually have your book and made the Butterfly Effect quilt — so far the top is done so I haven't photographed it yet. But when I do, I'll let you know. Love your work!

Christie W
    October 22, 2014 at 8:56 am

Love these quilts. I have a few jelly rolls to use. I will be ordering the book. I love the barn in the background. Beautiful setting!

Andrea
    October 22, 2014 at 9:35 am

Those are beautiful quilts. Your back drop is awesome. Thanks for sharing. I feel like I went for a nice walk and got some fresh air!<br />

Katy Cameron
    October 22, 2014 at 1:28 pm

I&#39;ve seen that a few of your FQR students have added the quilts they started with you to their Finish Along lists, so you might see more tagged finishes soon :o)

CJ
    October 22, 2014 at 2:44 pm

Gorgeous quilts on a beautiful fall day. :)<br />Can you tell me if the quilts in the book have size options? Thanks!

Merrilee
    October 22, 2014 at 6:39 pm

Love these pictures! Just the incentive I needed to finally purchase the book- I&#39;ve been pondering. Hope to make some Christmas gifts. Ok, for 2015!

Anne D
    October 22, 2014 at 9:53 pm

I have ordered a copy online and cant wait to get it.

Quilt Fabric Pizazz
    October 22, 2014 at 11:14 pm

Your fall quilts are lovely – just sparkling in the bright sunshine. Look easy to make too. Great job.

Sigi G
    October 23, 2014 at 5:15 am

Amy, I just love all the colors you use in each quilt. They are all so beautiful! I&#39;ve already chosen a few &#39;firsts&#39; I would like to make, as soon as my Christmas Gifts are done. Love your book!

Pam Walton
    October 23, 2014 at 5:51 am

I have your book and I am now inspired to make one of your quilts. I love your blog, you should do a quilt-along using your amazing book.<br />Pam from Canada

Rebecca Barnes
    October 23, 2014 at 7:38 am

I love the loops in Shoo – fly. Very pretty effect and so different from what I normally see.<br />

Gemini Jen NZ
    October 24, 2014 at 3:26 am

Each one is beautiful! I am going to have to add your book to my collection!

GwenDee
    October 26, 2014 at 9:54 pm

I love the quilts. The colors are just wonderful.

Megan Jorrick
    October 27, 2014 at 1:52 pm

I love EACH of your quilts in your book and they all turned out amazing! I&#39;m hoping to pick your book up soon and make something out of it. You&#39;re the first quilt blogger I got addicted to and it&#39;s hard to change your &quot;roots&quot;. LoL Loving these!

MaterialGirlQuilts
    October 31, 2014 at 7:48 am

Great photos of beautiful quilts…the Diverging Diamonds quilt with the barn in the background…LOVE!!!<br />Amanda