Do you think Cath would approve?

Remember last week when I was inspired by Katy’s Dresden blocks?
I decided to make one of my own.
And I decided to use Cath Kidston as my muse and make it bright and scrappy.
I used all pieces from my scraps/stash. And they’re all favorites.
I finished last night while watching the final episode of Emma.
It’s kind of huge.
I was originally intending to use this as a pillow but it’s about 18″ big.
Maybe I’ll frame it. Maybe I’ll put some borders on it and make it into a doll quilt.
Maybe I should make three more and make it into a wall hanging.
That’s actually sounding appealing to me.
I’ll surprise you. Suggestions are welcome.
And then there’s this. This is my first block from this quilt.
I LOVE it. I’m excited to try some funkier versions. But this is a happy start.

(It was a fun British weekend here. When I wasn’t running kids late to birthday parties, or celebrating my Dad’s and my Grandma’s birthdays while people were simultaneously watching the Super Bowl, or on the phone with Poison Control because we weren’t sure how much toilet bowl cleaner my poor 5-year-old splashed into his eye. Life is not dull.)

Comments

Your dresden plate is beautiful! :o)<br />I love Cath Kidston! Wish I could find her things in the states. :o)<br />I hope the poison control was able to help you. That is scary. Things are never dull around here either. :o)<br />Sincerely ~ Trish

You do lead an rather interesting life. I tend to forget how exciting/frightening life can be with kids under 10 can be, then can just get into everything can&#39;t they?<br />Your Dresden block looks very nice.

sounds like you had an action packed weekend!!!<br /><br />I LOVE the dresden plate. Go on, make 3 more and turn it into a wallhanging, you know you should! And the Union Jack block is fab too. I really need to get my pattern out and have a go with it as well.

1. I think framing the dresden would be adorable, in a funky bright colored frame!<br />2. Am DYING over the British flag! Must go buy that pattern ASAP.<br /><br />Oh, and Cath would totally be proud!

That block is sheer beauty. This is wonderful. I am leaning towards framing because that is apealing to me right now, but a wall hanging would be great too.

Just gorgeous! Anyone would approve. My daughter would just love that British flag in a quilt. Hmmmm… I might have to get that pattern. Hope all is well with your son.

I am seeing Dresden Plates everywhere, and I wish I had the time to make some too!<br />I hope your 5 year old is OK. My husband always says raising children in like herding cats. Just about the time you get one under control, another slips through your fingers.

Love that Dresden! I have never attempted one but it&#39;s on my list. As for the Brit Block, I am totally inspired. I have been thinking about making a pillow for my sister like this, but a whole quilt? It&#39;s brilliant.