Wistful Winds Baby Quilt

A sweet little baby quilt to share today made from Shari Butler’s newest collection Wistful Winds for Riley Blake Designs.

Wistful Winds is a tender collection from Shari’s heart with a very personalized story behind it. Check in with Shari on her blog on October 21 as she shares more about the personal meaning for her.

The candy-colored dots and stripes + the sweet little girls inclined themselves so well to a sweet juvenile-themed project.

I decided to go with one of my favorite, go-to quick quilt patterns – the fast-four-patch pattern. This has become one of the most visited pages on this blog (you can find it here). It’s such a good pattern showing off a focus fabric (in this case the little girls) and using up lots of coordinating prints and colors for a fun, scrappy patchwork look. It’s also a great one for using pre-cut 5″squares.

For the backing I used the bright red floral to give it some pop. Sweet floral machine quilting done by Melissa of Sew Shabby Quilting.

And of course, the bias stripe is perfect for a binding.

Over the next few days, other quilters and makers will be playing with Wistful Winds. You can visit them here for more inspiration.

October 3rd:

Amy Sinibaldi – www.nanaCompany.typepad.com
Kristyne Czepuryk – www.prettybyhand.com

October 4th:
Amanda Niederhauser – www.jedicraftgirl.com
Amy Smart – www.diaryofaquilter.com (waving hello)

October 5th:

Deanna Wall – www.stitchesquilting.com

October 14th:
Melissa Mortenson – polkadotchair.com

Tina – http://www.onelittlepooh.net/blog-2/
Jessica Stewart – www.izzyandivydesigns.com
Shari Butler – www.doohikeydesigns.com/blog/

Because this quilt represents a special place in Shari’s heart, I am using this quilt to help another family. I’m selling the quilt in my shop and donating 100% of the proceeds to help my neighbors who are in the middle of the very expensive process of adopting two little boys with special needs from an orphanage in China. I will cover the shipping. If you are in need of a baby quilt then maybe we can work together to bless another family.

UPDATE: SOLD! Thank you Melissa!

Wistful Winds fabric is coming soon to Lou Lou’s Fabric Shop, the Fat Quarter Shop, and Southern Fabric Shop.

Needle and Foot
    October 4, 2016 at 8:22 am

This is a cute baby quilt Amy. How wonderful you are to use it to raise money for the adoptive parents. That is such a gift. I am sure it will sell quickly. 🙂

October 4, 2016 at 2:26 pm

(WAVING HELLO ) Such a cute ‘lil quilt !

October 4, 2016 at 3:12 pm

Hi Amy! First of all your quilt is an absolute delight 🙂 how pretty indeed! You are awesome helping your neighbors with this! I admire you! I would love to help but I’m not sure I could make a quilt and sell it (not a pro, not so much money around that people want to spend, so sad) but maybe I could sew something for the boys? How old would they be? I would like to help in some way! Let me know how, I’ll try to do my best 🙂

Amy Smart
      October 4, 2016 at 7:42 pm

Oh, that is so kind. I’ll let you know if there’s anything they need once they get here. They do have people donating clothing and items for them. Mainly it’s just helping with money to pay for travel and government fees.

Thank you Giulia!

October 4, 2016 at 10:53 pm

How wonderful you are selling the quilt for someone’s adoption! I am so happy that you are doing that! Best of luck to your neighbors and their endeavors! You have truly embraced my love and heart in this quilt. Thank you Amy! Love you to pieces!

October 4, 2016 at 11:49 pm

What a perfectly charming little quilt! Best wishes for your friends and their little boys as they work toward bringing the children home!

nadine donovan
    October 5, 2016 at 8:22 am

this is such a cute looking baby quilt. I don’t have any babies around my now but I find that I am so attracted to baby quilts. Maybe it is because they are so fun to make.

Wistful Winds Blog Tour Recap | Riley Blake Designs
    October 9, 2016 at 5:58 am

[…] from Diary of a Quilter made this sweet baby […]

Deanna @ Stitches Quilting
    October 11, 2016 at 9:14 pm

Amy! What a darling 4 patch quilt made with the Wistful Winds Fabric! The bright colors make the quilt just so happy and fun! I love the tutorial that you have available so anyone can learn how to make it! What a fantastic post and great idea to sell it to benefit adopting parents! Beyond beautiful! XO

Wistful Winds Blog Tour – Final Week | Riley Blake Designs
    October 14, 2016 at 5:09 pm

[…] October 4th: Amanda Niederhauser – http://www.jedicraftgirl.com Amy Smart – http://www.diaryofaquilter.com […]